Marketing and Events Manager
Shannon Media, Inc. is an integrated media company with signature titles including Durham Magazine, Chapel Hill Magazine and Chatham Magazine. We are growing our experiential and digital presence across the Chatham, Orange and Durham County markets. Our team produces and manages 31 print publications, 4 annual events, 7 websites, 5 weekly or monthly e-newsletters and over 20 social handles.
In this role, you and your assistant would support our sales staff to sell more print advertising through outbound marketing efforts for special editorial sections and to help the sales team tell our story most effectively. You’d manage our four annual events with a small, but mighty events staff made up of contractors and your assistant. And, you’d help us expand our digital brand through building a larger email database and various digital strategic initiatives including social and website audience growth
This role is truly integrated across advertising sales, events and digital. You are a strategic thinker, but also a doer. You’d be privy to all of our financial and business goals so that you could be on the forefront of going to market with strategic new initiatives and growing our existing businesses.
- Create and manage brand standards
- Support sales manager and sales team to achieve and/or exceed goals through outbound marketing including mailers, email, sales flyers and special sections
- Lead email database growth and management
- Manage event logistics and market events to sell tickets
- Build our digital audience and manage websites
- Build a small team of contractors and a full-time employee to assist you in event logistics and marketing administrative duties
- 4+ years of marketing and events experience
- Experience with a CRM (we use Magazine Manager)
- WordPress, Google Analytics, CRM, InDesign, Excel, Eventbrite, MailChimp experience is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Budget management experience of $50k+
- Professional business presence to be able to work with sponsors, vendors and the community at large
A little bit about us
We are Shannon Media – a small company, locally owned, comprised of self-starters who thrive in an exciting work environment. Our team of about 20 people produces 30 high-quality publications per year, in addition to custom publishing projects. Because we publish lifestyle magazines, complete custom publishing work for clients, host ticketed community events and manage numerous social media channels with followers totaling more than 85,000, we change gears on an hourly basis. There’s plenty to do around here – it’s a wonderful place for the enthusiastic, the hard working and the passionate. From day No. 1, employees dive into the world of lifestyle publications, marketing, production and customer service. Our office environment in Chapel Hill, near Interstate 40 and Fordham Boulevard, where we are headquartered, is fun, creative and casual yet fast-paced and professional.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell Rory why you’d make a great member of our team!