Chatham Magazine Part-Time Writer/Editor
Shannon Media Inc. – publisher of Durham Magazine, Chapel Hill Magazine, Chatham Magazine and Heart of NC Weddings magazine and producer of events including Sip + Savor – seeks a part-time (20-30 hours/week) writer & editor for its Chatham Magazine publication (publishes once every two months) and events to ensure our brand of lifestyle influence in Chatham County across our digital, experiential and print products is the best-looking, most sophisticated and most lively lifestyle brand anywhere. Knowledge of Chatham County is a plus.
- Oversight and execution of Chatham Magazine, from brainstorm to lineup to press
- Develop story list and write or assign all departments and features for Chatham Magazine
- Manage freelance, contractors and/or contributing writers for the magazine
- Edit magazine with a fine-tooth comb to ensure it is factual, accurate, error-free and reflects our influential and local lifestyle brand
- Proactively attend events, develop key relationships in the community and represent the company and specifically Chatham Magazine
- Contribute editorially to chathammagazinenc.com, all social channels and create a bi-weekly newsletter
- Additional duties as required
A little bit about us
We are Shannon Media Inc. is a small company of self-starters who thrive in an exciting work environment. Our team of about 20 people produces close to 25 high-quality publications per year, in addition to a diverse media approach of digital and experiential businesses. Our office environment in Chapel Hill, near I-40 and Fordham Boulevard, where we are headquartered, is fun, creative and casual, yet fast-paced and professional. Check out digital versions of our products at issuu.com/shannonmedia.
How to apply
Please send cover letter, resume and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications solely through Facebook or LinkedIn will not be considered. You must send these documents and links to Amanda directly.