Join our talented, energetic and creative team of print and digital designers at our Chapel Hill office. We are looking for a full-time graphic designer with strong design skills, as well as, excellent production, organizational and digital skills.
Our team is responsible for the design and production of lifestyle publications Chapel Hill Magazine, Chatham Magazine, Durham Magazine and custom publishing pieces, as well as, annual events, WellFest, Sip+Savor and Taste the Event. Plus, we work with our 700+ clients by producing striking ads that tell their individual marketing message. Our art department generates thousands of outstanding editorial and photo pages and ads each year. We work in a high velocity, demanding, creative and rewarding environment.
Responsibilities will include page layout of our print products, ad design, excellent customer service, digital ad banners, e-marketing, advertising and promotional collateral for products and events. This position consists of 50% customer interfacing with ad design, ad checking and customer workflow management and 50% page layout and design.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Any WordPress or other digital-related skill set is a plus. Must be a team player, flexible, able to work under pressure with tight deadlines, be organized, and have good communication skills with an eye toward quality at all times.
- 2+ years experience in graphic design.
- Proficiency in a Mac environment and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Magazine layout skill set, print/digital advertising and marketing experience is highly preferred. Please send a link to your portfolio with resume.
- WordPress and any other web-related experience a plus.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment and willingness to receive and accept feedback.
- Good communication skills, experience with print/digital advertising and customer service.
- Excellent time management, multitasking, flexibility and organizational skills. Self-motivated to ensure daily/weekly deadlines are met.
A little bit about us
We are Shannon Media, Inc. is a small company of self-starters who thrive in an exciting work environment. Our team of about 20 people produces 30+ high-quality publications per year, in addition to a diverse media approach of digital and experiential businesses. Our office environment in Chapel Hill, near Interstate 40 and Fordham Boulevard, is fun, creative and casual, yet fast-paced and professional. Check out digital versions of our products at issuu.com/shannonmedia.
How to apply
Please be prepared to design ad(s)/layout(s) which will be submitted by us to bring prior to interview. Please send cover letter, resume and samples of your work to email@example.com.
And check out our sites at chapelhillmagazine.com, durhammag.com, and chathammagazinenc.com.